Vegetarian Nutrition Degrees
Nowadays, the growing role played by vegetarianism or pure vegetable meat-free food. There are many types of vegetarianism: ovo-lacto vegetarians (eating milk, cheese and eggs), lacto vegetarians (milk and cheese), vegans (no animal products), raw-food eaters (no cooked food), fruit eaters or fruitarians (only fruit). In addition, there are people, especially in US, eating fish, and consider themselves vegetarians. Indeed, consumption of milk and cheese still involves some form of animal husbandry, be it traditional or industrial.
According to one of versions, human digestive tract is not adapted to digest meat. Carnivorous animals have a relatively short gut (three times longer than the body), which allows to excrete toxins contained in meat rapidly. In the intestine of herbivores is six times longer than the body, as the plant food decomposes much more slowly than meat.
Man, like herbivores, has a long intestine, so when he eats meat, toxins in the body, which complicate the work of the kidneys and promote the development of arthritis, rheumatism, gout and even cancer. In order to get qualification and get all these aspects straight you can get a vegetarian nutrition degree.
It was educated nutritionists to first point out that anatomical structure of teeth, jaws and digestive system was more suited to the use of vegetarian food. The scientists noted that the vast majority of people throughout human history fed on a vegetarian and mostly vegan diet.
Whether you are going to consult people regarding vegetarian diet, or want to know the physiological effects of vegetarianism, you are going to need a vegetarian nutrition degree such as:
Associate’s degree. This degree marks the initial level of education on the subject of vegetarian nutrition. Probably enough to get an idea about the profession, but further education will be required to be proficient for work.
Bachelor’s degree. Bachelors end up having a decent competence on the vegetarianism, and are qualified for compiling vegetarian menus.
Master’s degree. Masters in vegetarian nutrition are perfectly equipped for consultation work and compiling corrective vegetarian menus. They also can point out nutrition recommendations based on analysis of people’s conditions.
Doctorate degree. The realm of vegetarian food would lose to traditional ratios, if there were no doctors of vegetarian nutrition, who can invent only-vegetable diets that still satisfy all requirements of the body regarding nutrition elements.
Vegetarian nutrition degree is offered by many schools, for example:
- Associate in Nutrition, Diet & Health Science at Ashworth College. This curriculum is aimed at giving the basic knowledge to students aspiring for further education in the sphere of vegetarian nutrition.
- Bachelor in vegetarian nutrition at Hutigton College. This course will be sufficient for students seeking for sooner employment, as its duration is less than master’s. Besides, bachelors are good candidates for further advancing of their qualification.
- Bachelor in nutrition sciences at University of Natural Health. Become a proficient specialist in vegetarianism with the help of this course. Not only you will be able to make up vegetarian diets for you, but also act as competent consultant for others.
Online Nutrition Degree Programs
New York Chiropractic College
Penn Foster Career School
- Canine Nutritionist
- Campus Nutrition Degree
- Crispers Soups and Chowders Calories Chart
- Secrets Of Healthy Nutrition To Fight Cancer
- Prenatal Nutritionist Degrees